Thank you for registering for the 2014 Sibs & Kids Weekend on April 4-6!
We are very excited to be hosting you and your sibs on campus this coming weekend! If you are receiving this email, your registration information has been received. In advance of your visit, we wanted to get you an email with some information for the upcoming weekend!
· The online calendar of events can be found here. All events are first come first served (unless otherwise indicated). Events times and locations are subject to change. You will receive a packet of information at check-in with a detailed schedule.
· Check-in will be held in the Ohio Union from 4-9 pm on Friday May 4 and will reopen on Saturday from 9 am-8pm. Not everyone needs to be present to check-in for the weekend and students are welcomed to check-in sibs whom have not yet arrived.
· For weekend parking, we recommend any of the parking garages on campus. The Ohio Union garages are close to registration, though depending upon what area of campus (or off campus) sibs may be staying, a different garage may make sense. Just to note, some garages are faculty/staff only during specific hours. For a list of parking garages and hours around campus, click here.
· Various events and programs throughout the weekend need a signed waiver if your sib or kid is under the age of 18. These events and appropriate forms can be found here. Be sure that your student and sib or kid brings the forms with them to the events.
· Though most events throughout the weekend are free, some event and program options require ticketing. These tickets are on a first come first serve basis while supplies last. Information on athletic tickets (Saturday’s baseball game, which is free of cost) can be found here. Of special note: The baseball game on Friday night also includes post-game fireworks. Some event tickets are also available through the d-tix discount ticket program. This includes the Columbus Clippers game on Friday evening. A shuttle will be provided for this game. If you are looking for other ideas of things to do with your sibs, you may want to think of utilizing discounts that are always available through d-tix (click on the “Discounts” link). This would include discounts to movies, SkyZone, and the Columbus Museum of Art, just to name a few. Most offers are available as 2 per Buck ID.
· It is entirely up to students, sibs, and family members on which events they would like to attend. Parents or visiting family are welcome to attend all events and should ask for an ID card at check-in if they wish to do so.
· Sibs who have been pre-registered will receive a free Sibs & Kids Weekend t-shirt. We will make every effort to provide you with the size for which you pre-registered, though we cannot guarantee you any specific size.
· If sibs are staying with students in the residence halls, please be sure to discuss with roommate(s) or suite mates the siblings’ visits. Roommates need to be okay with the sib staying in order for the stay to occur. If a sib of the opposite sex is planning to stay, please keep in mind restroom facilities and the impact on roommates.
· Finally, please keep in mind that students are responsible for the behaviors of your guests AT ALL TIMES. While on campus, guests are subject to the rules and regulations of Ohio State as it relates to conduct and behavior. Please review applicable policies with your guests. We want them to enjoy their stay on campus and do not want this to include any unneeded drama. We reserve the right to ask “sib” guests to leave campus for any reason.
Should you have additional questions or concerns or wish to cancel your RSVP, please contact Parent and Family Relations via email at email@example.com or phone at 614-292-9153. Go Bucks!